Over 1.8 Million pilgrims attended Hajj 2023 – General Authority of Statistics
The General Authority for Statistics in Saudi Arabia Today reported that there were 1,845,045 pilgrims overall in the Year 2023 (1444 AH), of whom 1,660,915 came from outside the Kingdom through various ports. Domestic pilgrims totaled 184,130, including pilgrims, Saudi citizens, and resident expatriates. Trending : “Yaum Al-Kholeef” – A custom of women of Makkah during the Day of Arafah
According to the Authority’s statistical findings for this year’s Hajj, there were
* 969,694 male pilgrims among the overall total of domestic and international pilgrims,
* While there were 875,351 female pilgrims among the overall total of local and foreign pilgrims.
– According to the commission’s clarification of the numbers on pilgrims arriving from outside the Kingdom, there were
* 346,214, or 21%, pilgrims from Arab nations.
* As for the number of pilgrims from Asian countries other than Arab nations, it was 1,056,317, or 63.5 percent. Most Viewed : Holy site of Mina
* While the number of pilgrims from other nations came from African nations, excluding Arab nations, and totaled 221,863 with a rate of 13.4 percent, and
* 36,521 from European, American, Australian, and other unclassified nations, with a rate of 2.1%.
– Regarding the ways that pilgrims from outside the Kingdom arrived, there were
* 1,593,271 pilgrims came through air ports.
* 60,813 pilgrims came through land ports and * 6,831 pilgrims who came through sea ports. Recommend : Day of Arafah is the Best day on which Sun rose
– According to the authority, there were 7 countries that benefited from the Road to Makkah initiative, and the number of beneficiaries from this initiative reached 242,272 pilgrims from their immediate residence.
– It is noteworthy that the General Authority for Statistics relied on administrative records for data when releasing statistical data and indicators for the Hajj season in 1444 AH / 2023 AD. This is represented by all governmental and private organizations charged with providing services to Hajj pilgrims to provide data in accordance with a unified model that incorporates a number of elements, as an extension of the statistical approach. This was observed during the previous three years, and the Hajj Statistics Bulletin displays the overall pilgrimage number as well as the distribution of pilgrims by gender, nationality, and mode of entry.
– In the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, the General Authority for Statistics serves as the only legitimate source of statistical data and information. Codification, classification, analysis, and extraction of statistical indicators from data and statistical information covering every element of life in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. Follow Saudi Expatriates on Google News
– On this occasion, Dr. Fahd bin Abdullah Al-Dossary, the president of the General Authority for Statistics, expressed gratitude to King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud and Prince Muhammad bin Salman, the crown prince and prime minister, for providing the Hajj pilgrims with all necessary comforts. He prayed that God Almighty would accept their pilgrimage from the people of Saudi Arabia.