Day of Arafah is the Best day on which Sun rose
The best day on which the Sun rose, is the day of Arafah (9th Dhul Hijjah), it is the day when pilgrims perform the greatest pillar of their rituals of the Hajj pilgrimage and this year it falls on Tuesday, 27th June 2023. Most Viewed : A simple guide to Hajj pilgrimage
Muslims worldwide are eager to receive their benefits by fasting, performing acts of worship, praying, and asking for forgiveness on the auspicious day of Arafat, which has a significant place in Islam.
– The Day of Arafat, which comes after the Day of Tarwiya and comes before the Day of Sacrifice, or the First Day of Eid Al-Adha, is the day of the main pilgrimage when the pilgrims stand on Mount Arafat.
– Without the auspicious journey to Mount Arafat, the Hajj ceremony would be incomplete. As the Prophet (Peace Be Upon Him) stated it, “Hajj is Arafah.” (Nasa’i) On the Day of Arafah, forgiveness is a method to start again and make a new promise to Allah (SWT).
– The best deeds on the day of Arafah include fasting for non-pilgrims, numerous supererogatory prayers, numerous supplications with urgency, numerous instances of focusing solely on Allah, good works, glory, and commitment in remembering. Trending : Kiswah – the black cloth cover of Holy Kaaba
Fasting on the Day of Arafah :
Those who are not performing the Hajj pilgrimage are strongly encouraged to fast on the Day of Arafah.
The Prophet Mohammed (Peace Be Upon Him) said, “Fasting on the Day of Arafah expiates the sins of the previous year and of the coming year”. (Sahih Muslim 1162)
Ayah revealed on the Day of Arafah :
– This magnificent ayah was unveiled on the day of Arafah, which adds further significance to the day. “This day I have perfected for you your religion and completed My favor upon you and have approved for you Islam as religion.” (Quran : Surah Al-Maa’idah 5:3)
– Umar ibn Khattab said, “By Allah! I know when and where this verse was revealed to Allah’s Messenger. It was the evening on the Day of Arafah on a Friday.” Recommend : Importance of the Dhul Hijjah 10 days
Allah frees more people from the Hell-fire on the Day of Arafat :
The Prophet Mohammed (Peace Be Upon Him) said, “There is no day upon which Allah frees more people from the Hell fire than the day of Arafat. He draws near and then He boasts of them to the angels, saying: What do these people want?”. (Sahih Muslim 1348)
– There is no day on which Allah sets free more of His servants from Hell Fire than the Day of Arafah. In other words, Allah, the Almighty, releases and saves from Fire whomever He wills on this day more than any other day. Allah, the Almighty, truly gets close to His people and praise about them before the angels, showing the angels the virtue and honor of the pilgrims. Viewable Story : 6 Fruits mentioned in Holy Quran by name
– Allah asks the angels what these people want, and why they have left their families and homelands, spent their wealth, and exhausted their bodies. That is to say, they only seek forgiveness, the pleasure of Allah, His closeness, and visiting His House, and whatever they seek they will surely receive. The amount of what they receive is determined according to their intentions.
On the day of Arafah, Prophet Muhammad (Peace Be Upon Him) delivered his farewell sermon :
On Mount Arafat, the Prophet Muhammad (SAW) preached his last speech. He addressed racism, gender equality, and human rights while reminding us to stick by the Qur’an and Sunnah. Follow Saudi Expatriates on Linkedin