12 rules and advantages of Saudi Arabia’s new Transit Visa
The General Directorate of Passports (Jawazat) said that Saudi Arabia’s new transit visa for a short visit to the Kingdom is not available to an individual who left the country on exit re-entry visa and did not return.
This came as a clarification from Saudi Jawazat Twitter handle to an inquiry from one of the user. The Passports department added that, the instructions stipulate that those who left Saudi Arabia on re-entry visa and did not return, is banned from entering into the Kingdom for a period of 3 years. Read more : 3-Years ban for expats who failed to return Saudi Arabia on exit re-entry visa
Advantages and conditions of a Saudi Transit Visa for a Short visit :
1. New transit visa is free of charge and it can be issued immediately with the travel ticket, starting from 30th January 2023 for the transiting travelers through Saudi airports on the flights operated by Saudi Airlines or Flynas.
2. It allows the applicant to stay in Saudi Arabia for 4 days (96 hours).
3. The single entry short visit visa allows the applicant to move between the regions of Saudi Arabia and can attend various events.
4. The validity of issued Transit e-Visa is 3 months, it means it is single entry visa only can be used within 3 months once issued and it includes health insurance.
5. It is possible to perform Umrah on Transit visa, after making an appointment from the Nusuk platform during the period of residence in the Kingdom.
6. Travelers should present a printed copy of e-visa upon arrival at one of the Saudi airport and must ensure that they meet all the immigration entry requirements, irrespective of duration of their transit period.
7. A stop-over e-visa will not be issued to those who have a a valid Saudi visa or for those nationalities eligible for visa-free entry to Saudi Arabia, and those who are below the age of 18 years unless they are with their companions.
8. If the application of one applicant is rejected, all travelers in the same application will also be rejected.
9. Those who are planning for transiting through Saudi Arabia and have a connecting time between their flight is more than 12 hours are eligible for stop-over visa.
10. Stopover Transit visa is not extendable.
11. Passport validity of the applicant must not be less than 6 months.
12. Traveler must have a confirmed PNR code to their final destination country. Viewable Story : Saudi Transit Visa conditions
Procedure to get Transit Visa for a short visit to Kingdom :
The Jawazat in Saudi Arabia revealed the following steps in order to obtain a stop-over visa.
* By booking a flight ticket and submit the visa application through online platforms of Saudi Airlines (Saudia) and Flynas.
* Applicant to receive e-mail immediately or within 4 hours after the issuance of visa through the Unified national Platform of visa at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Read : Saudi Transit visa is free
* The Transit visa does not allow its holder to perform Hajj. Saudi Jawazat also highlighted the importance of confirming departure before the expiry of the visa.
Aim of Transit visa of Saudi Arabia for a short visit :
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs in coordination with the relevant authorities and in cooperation with the National Air Carriers, has launched the service for issuing Transit Visa for Saudi visit online for those arriving into Kingdom by Air, with the aim of
* Facilitating coming to Kingdom for all purposes. Easing and automating entry visa procedures.
* This new transit visa allows those passing through Kingdom and wishing to enter into Saudi Arabia to perform Umrah and to visit Prophet’s Mosque, and to move around into the country and to attend various events and to visit tourist and historical places. Join Saudi Expatriates Telegram group