Saudi Arabia’s Diplomatic & humanitarian initiatives for Palestinians
Saudi Arabia’s King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques, started a fundraising Campaign for Palestinian Relief with a donation of 30 million riyals, according to Dr. Abdullah Al-Rabiah, supervisor of the King Salman Relief Center. Trending Video : Penalty on employers who allow their workers to work for others or for own-self
– Saudi Arabia’s Crown Prince and Prime Minister, Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud also provide a donation of 20 million riyals, to the fundraising Campaign for Palestinian Relief.
– The King Salman Humanitarian Aid and Relief Center (KSRelief) launched a public campaign through the “Sahem” platform at the request of the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques, King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud and Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Crown Prince and Prime Minister, in order to provide relief to our Palestinian brothers in the Gaza strip.
– This came as an extension of the Kingdom’s longstanding involvement as a political and humanitarian ally to the Palestinian people and their cause.
– Al-Rabiah said, donations will be accepted through the King Salman Relief Center’s “Sahem” platform, as well as the “Sahem” application, the unified bank account designated for the campaign, and the center’s numerous online donation channels, all of which are free of charge. It reaches to its beneficiaries in full.
Grand Mufti of Saudi Arabia :
The relief campaign for the Palestinian people confirms the leadership’s keenness to touch the needs of the afflicted and needy. Most Viewed : Employer arranges a Saudi-style wedding for an Expat worker
– The Grand Mufti of the Kingdom, Chairman of the Council of Senior Scholars and Chairman of the Permanent Committee for Scholarly Research and Fatwa, Sheikh Abdulaziz bin Abdullah bin Muhammad Al Sheikh, considered a great and good deed that confirms the keenness of the leadership in this country to touch the needs of the afflicted and those in need of assistance.
– A state built on the principles of ruling in accordance with what God has revealed and applying Sharia law in all spheres of life, he said, is one of the reasons why Muslims have a responsibility to help those in need and alleviate suffering among their own people.
– He said that the generous aid provided to the Palestinian brothers in the Gaza Strip is an extension of the Kingdom’s humanitarian role throughout history, in which it has stood with those affected and in need around the world in various crises and tribulations, and is a result of the keenness of the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques and His Highness the Crown Prince to stand with our brothers in Palestine.
– The Mufti encouraged all citizens and residents to take part in the fundraising campaign called for by the wise leadership through official channels and to seek reward from God. Since God aids the servant so long as the servant aids his brother.
Saudi Arabia’s Positions that have never changed:
The Kingdom’s position on the Palestinian question has been consistent and persistent throughout its glorious past. The Kingdom has been an unwavering ally of the Palestinian people ever since its founding king, Abdulaziz, attended the Round Table Conference in London in 1935 to address the Palestinian issue. Read : We are continuing efforts with International Community to push it to fulfil their responsibilities towards Gaza
– In the year 1943, the Kingdom opened a Consulate General in Jerusalem, Palestine, in order to better communicate with and help the Palestinian people. In the year 1945, King Abdulaziz wrote to US President Franklin D. Roosevelt to shed light on the Palestinian crisis. The stance of the Roosevelt administration and his promise were shifted in part because of this letter. This is one of the strongest statements made in defense of Palestinian rights, as it explicitly refuses to recognize Israel as a state.
– In the year 1967, the widespread fundraising effort in the Kingdom brought in over 16 million riyals.
– The Palestinian Embassy in Riyadh was opened and the Palestinian flag was raised atop the building by King Salman, the Emir of Riyadh, in the year 1989 . He was given the Star of Jerusalem Order by then-President Yasser Arafat. As a token of our gratitude for his extraordinary work on behalf of the Palestinian people.
– After former US President Donald Trump recognized Jerusalem as Israel’s capital, the Kingdom voiced its great disappointment.
– King Salman bin Abdulaziz has stated that the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia condemns Israeli violence near the Al-Aqsa Mosque and Israeli measures in occupied Jerusalem, and that the Kingdom will continue to stand with the Palestinian people until they are granted their legitimate rights.
Continuous aid and Relief support :
The Palestinian people have benefited from the Kingdom’s support in a number of ways, including political support and a wide range of development projects. Viewable Story : Know the countries that surround Saudi Arabia
– There were 99 projects funded in the health sector for a total of US$103,575,672, and 99 projects funded in the food security sector for a total of US$68,730,548.
– There were eleven protection-related initiatives with a combined budget of $49,393,940, while the Kingdom funded 10 food and shelter-related programs with a total of $33,238,162.
– There were 14 projects with a combined total of $19,370,319 in the field of education, while there were 15 projects spanning various sectors with a combined total of $18,750,106.
– The Kingdom’s contributions to the Palestinian Authority’s budget for August, September, and October of 2018 were $7.7 million per month, for a total of $23.1 million, and were transferred from the Kingdom’s account to the Palestinian Ministry of Finance in the amount of $60 million in 2018.
Diplomatic and humanitarian initiatives for Palestinians, the Kingdom’s assistance for Gaza during 27 days of war :
Since the Israeli aggression on the Gaza Strip began on October 7, the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia has declared its full support for the rights of the Palestinian people and the necessity of protecting civilians in the Strip, with intensive communications from the leadership and vigorous movements from Saudi diplomacy to stop the war, all of which culminated in the guidance of the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques. See Also : Check if you have any Travel ban in Saudi Arabia using Absher
– During a phone call with Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas on October 9, Crown Prince and Prime Minister Mohammed bin Salman reaffirmed the Kingdom’s support for the Palestinian people’s pursuit of their rights, including the continuation of the “Al-Aqsa Flood” operation launched by Palestinian factions two days earlier.
– The Crown Prince addressed the recent military escalation in Gaza and its impact on regional security and stability. He reaffirmed the Kingdom’s support for the Palestinians in their quest to realize their goals and establish a lasting and equitable peace.
– In a separate phone call with Jordan’s King Abdullah II, the Crown Prince reaffirmed that his country supports the Palestinian people in their pursuit of justice, freedom, and peace.
– Further, the Crown Prince shared President El-Sisi of Egypt’s view that more must be done to defuse tensions in Gaza.
– In a phone chat, he highlighted the recent events in the continuous escalation between the Palestinian and Israeli sides, the tremendous danger it poses to the lives of civilians, and the threat to the stability of the area.
– In order to keep the security and humanitarian crisis from spiraling out of control, the call, according to the Egyptian president’s spokesman, emphasized the need for moderation at this critical juncture and for giving primacy to the voice of reason and the road of calm. Recommend : Saudi Arabia announces the plan of National Health Insurance for Saudis
– To confirm the Arab vision on the Palestinian issue, which centers on achieving a comprehensive and just settlement based on the two-state solution, in accordance with the terms of reference of international legitimacy, which requires immediate calm and the cessation of military confrontations, the spokesman noted that Egypt and Saudi Arabia agreed to continue consulting and coordinating with one another in the coming period. In every which way.
– Saudi Arabia’s Foreign Minister, Prince Faisal bin Farhan, appealed to the United Kingdom, Albania, Malta, and Gabon on October 13 to use their positions on the Security Council to help ensure that the international community lives up to its responsibility for preserving global stability, for finding a fair and lasting resolution to the Palestinian issue, and for delivering much-needed medical aid to the region.
– The Foreign Minister spoke by phone with his British counterpart, James Cleverly, with his Gabonese counterpart, Onanga Ndiaye, with his Albanian counterpart, Igli Hassani, with his Maltese counterpart, Ian Borg, and with his Indonesian counterpart, Retno Marsudi, to discuss recent developments in the situation in Gaza and its environs, as well as international efforts being made in this regard. Coordinated efforts to end the military escalation and end the blockade of Gaza were explored.
– In order to find a fair and comprehensive solution to the Palestinian issue, Prince Faisal bin Farhan emphasized the need to execute Security Council resolutions 242 (1967), 338 (1973), 1515 (2003), and 2334 (2016). In accordance with the applicable international references, the Palestinian Authority has once again emphasized the significance of contributing to the entry of relief and humanitarian aid to civilians, and the categorical rejection by Saudi Arabia of any targeting of people.
– The conflict between Israel and the Hamas movement continues, and on November 11, an emergency Arab summit will be held in the Saudi capital of Riyadh in an effort to reach a unified Arab opinion on the conflict, as well as to push for the introduction of more aid and to stop the escalation in the besieged Gaza Strip. After 27 days of nonstop Israeli airstrikes, more than 9,000 Palestinians have been killed and thousands more injured. Join Saudi Expatriates channel on imo
– As the current session in Riyad is chaired by the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, the General Secretariat of the League of Arab States announced that it had received requests from both Palestine and the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia to convene an extraordinary session of the League of Arab States Council at the summit level.
– Assistant Secretary-General of the League of Arab States, Ambassador Hossam Zaki, said that the General Secretariat received an official request from Palestine and Saudi Arabia to examine the continued Israeli attack against the Palestinian people in the Gaza Strip since October 7.
The summit seeks to discuss ways to help the Palestinian people to confront these political, humanitarian, economic and social challenges, and to discuss Arab action at the international level to end the Israeli occupation of the Palestinian territories occupied in 1967, with East Jerusalem as its capital, in accordance with international law and the relevant resolutions of international legitimacy and the Arab Peace Initiative of 2002. Follow Saudi Expatriates on Twitter