Benefits of Drinking Water and Disadvantages of it on drinking too much
The Ministry of Health in Saudi Arabia has restated the importance of drinking 6 to 8 glass of water daily in order to ensure a healthy body and for your thirsty.
The Saudi Health Ministry through its awareness platform “Live Healthy” on Twitter said that, drinking small amounts of water slows down the metabolism process, which leads to weight gain.
1. Water maintains the body temperature in the normal position.
2. It moisturizes the joints and acts as pressure reliever on them. Watch in Story : Where do Snow falls in Saudi Arabia
3. Drinking water helps in removing the waste through urination, sweating and emptying the intestines and bowel.
4. Water in the body protects the spinal cord and other sensitive organs and
5. It reduces the feeling of hunger and thirsty.
People failed to differentiate the feelings of Thirsty and Hungry :
– Earlier this, the Kingdom’s Health Ministry advised the need to drink water when feeling hungry, stating that 37% of the people do not know the feeling of thirsty and feeling of hungry.
Drinking Water does not Increase Weight or enlarge Stomach :
– According to a Consultant of Internal Medicine and the Digestive System at King Abdulaziz Medical City, Dr. Abdullah Al-Dhiabi, drinking water does not increase weight or enlarge the stomach in normal people.
– He added that, water is calorie free, so it does not increase weight and does not enlarge your abdomen, except in certain medical conditions like a heart disease. Viewable Story : 6 Foods that can risk your Heart health
– Al-Dhiabi continued and explained that, obesity increases the risk of developing gallstones (small stones, usually made of cholesterol, that form in the gallbladder). This is because of the increased concentration of cholesterol in the bile juice (a fluid that is made and released by the liver and stored in the gallbladder).
Other Benefits of Drinking enough water :
6. Enhances Mood : Dehydration can cause mood swings so drinking plenty of water throughout the day may help to improve your mood by keeping you well-hydrated and energized throughout the day.
7. Helps with Weight Loss : Drinking water before meals can help you feel fuller quicker and eat less overall, which could lead to weight loss over time. Related : A fruit that helps you lose weight within weeks
8. Improves Skin Health : Drinking enough water can help your skin to stay hydrated and look at its best. This can help to reduce wrinkles, improve complexion and even get rid of acne.
9. Boosts Physical Performance : Staying hydrated is essential when participating in any physical activity or exercise as it helps the body maintain its temperature during strenuous activities such as running or cycling for long periods of time without getting fatigued easily due to dehydration or heat exhaustion.
10. Flushes Out Toxins : Water helps the body in flushing out toxins as it carries waste products through urine, sweat and bowel movements, thereby maintaining a healthy digestive system.
– Water delivers Oxygen throughout the body, blood is more than 90% water and it carries Oxygen to different parts of the body.
Drinking too much Water :
Drinking too much water can lead to a condition called Hyponatremia, which is an electrolyte imbalance that occurs when there is too much water in the body relative to the amount of sodium.
– Symptoms of Hyponatremia include Nausea, Headache, confusion, Fatigue and Muscle weakness. In most of the cases it can cause seizures or coma. It is important to maintain a healthy balance of fluids and electrolytes in your body by drinking enough water but not too much. Subscribe to Saudi Expatriates channel on YouTube
1 thought on “10 Amazing benefits of Drinking Water, its Defects on..”
Comments are closed.