See in Pictures : The Holy Kaaba gets its New Kiswah in New Hijri Year 1445
Holy Kaaba gets its new Kiswah : A specific work team from the King Abdulaziz Complex for the Covering of the Holy Kaaba replaced the Kiswah of the Holy Kaaba Today as was the customary annual practice, under the supervision of the General President for the Affairs of the Two Holy Mosques, Sheikh Dr. Abdul Rahman bin Abdulaziz Al-Sudais. See Also : Meezab is the smallest piece of Holy Kaaba, made up of pure gold
The new Kiswah of the Holy Kaaba is made up of about 850 kg of black-dyed raw silk, 120 kg of gold wire, and 100 kg of silver wire.
– Workers at the Grand Mosque started the yearly process of changing the kiswa of the Kaaba on Tuesday night as the Muslim world welcomed the new Hijri year.
– Every year, the King Abdulaziz Complex for the covering of the Holy Kaaba weaves a robe of pure natural black silk imported from Italy, decorated with silver wires plated with sparkling gold that form Quranic verses and praises of Allah (SWT), to cover the walls of the Holy Kaaba, to which Muslims eyes all over the world eagerly await.
– The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia began a journey of caring for the covering of the Holy Kaaba since the era of the founding King Abdulaziz bin Abdul Rahman Al Saud in the Year 1927. During his reign, a specialized house for the manufacture of the Kiswah was opened in Makkah Al-Mukarramah, which produced the first Saudi Kiswa for the Kaaba, after which he moved to the Kaaba Kiswah Factory in the Year 1977 in Umm Al-Joud, one of the districts of the Makkah. Recommend : History of Silver and Gold doors of Holy Kaaba
– The cost of the Kiswah of the Holy Kaaba reached 25 million riyals during the rule of King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud and the name of the Kaaba Kiswah Factory chaned to King Abdulaziz Complex for the Kiswa of the Holy Kaaba. It includes the largest sewing machine in the world in terms of length, with a length of 16 meters, and works with a computer system.
– The 56 pieces of hand-embroidered kiswa were created by more than 100 expert artisans, and each one took 60 to 120 days to complete. The complex is overseen by the General Presidency for the Affairs of the Two Holy Mosques. The sons of King Abdulaziz continued to manufacture the Kiswah and its development until now.
– A trip to the complex offers a unique chance to observe one of the largest facilities dedicated to silk weaving and embroidery as well as the processes used by 200 highly skilled workers and administrators to create this magnificent garment. The complex is divided into numerous departments, including as those for weaving by machine or by hand, printing, belting, gilding, stitching, and cladding assembly. Join Saudi Expatriates on Imo messenger
– Starting from the last year 1444 AH/ 2022 AD, the date for replacing the Kaaba Kiswah changed from 9th Dhul Hijjah (Arafat Day) dawn prayer to the beginning of Muharram, the manufacture of dressing the Kaaba in its new look each year, takes about 9 months to complete.