Mid day work ban in Saudi Arabia to start from 15th June 2023 until 15th September 2023
Starting from Thursday (15th June 2023), all private sector companies will be banned from working outside in the direct sun from 12 PM (midday) to 3 PM, as part of mid day work ban, announced the Ministry of Human Resources and Social Development in Saudi Arabia, in coordination with the National Council for Occupational Safety and Health. Trending : Saudization of Sales Outlets in 7 economic activities
The ban period of working in the direct sun in Saudi Arabia starts from Thursday 15th June 2023 (26th Dhu Al-Qaidah 1444) until Friday, 15th September 2023 (30th Safar 1445). Mid day work ban applies every year in Summer in Saudi Arabia for all the private companies, to protect the workers from direct harm and the ministry announces the ban period.
– This decision comes inline within the framework of preserving the safety and health of workers in the private sector, sparing them what may cause them health risks, and providing them with a healthy and safe work environment, as per the international standards of occupational safety and health.
– The Ministry urged employers to plan work schedules and take the provisions of this decision into consideration, as well as to improve efficiency and preventative measures to lower the risk of occupational illnesses and injuries and safeguard employees from accidents.
– Which is reflected in improving and increasing productivity. The Ministry published on its website the Procedural Guide for Occupational Safety and Health to Prevent the Effects of Sun Exposure and Heat Exhaustion. Most Viewed : 4 things that must not leave in a car, during high temperatures – Saudi Food and Drug Authority
Report Mid day work ban violations to the Human Resources Ministry :
– Calling the ministry’s unified number (19911) or using the ministry’s mobile app are the two ways to report violations of the decision to forbid working outside in the sun.
Some regions of Saudi Arabia may exempt from mid day work ban rule due to the weather in that specific region, as per the MHRSD guide :
– Considering the fluctuations in temperatures and how they drop in some governorates of the Kingdom to levels that do not necessitate a work ban in the middle of the day, the midday work ban in some governorates of Saudi Arabia is exempt. Recommend : Riyadh Air to start its flights operations from the Year 2025
– This decision of “Mid day work ban in Saudi Arabia” is not applicable to workers of oil and gas companies or those engaging in emergency maintenance works.
Penalties for violating the Midday work ban during the specified time :
When an employer permits a worker to work in hazardous weather or under direct sunlight without taking the necessary precautions in the times and situations specified by the ministerial decision, a violation of this article carries a penalty of 3,000 riyals per worker, as was mentioned in Article 6 in the table of violations and the corresponding penalties.
– The number of employees implicated in the violation of mid day work ban will multiply the fine amount. Additionally, the corporation could be shut down for a maximum of 30 days, permanently, or both a fine and a closure could be imposed. Join Saudi Expatriates WhatsApp group