Noor Riyadh wins 6 Guinness World records
The “Noor Riyadh Celebration 2023” in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia continued to set new world records for the “Guinness” Book. After setting six new records, it’s the third year in a row. Most Viewed video : New updated labor violations penalties
This happened at the end of the 17-day event that ran from November 30, 2023, to December 16, 2023, and featured works of art installed in public spaces.
– The planning group for the celebration said that the art piece “Dialogue” was finished. With 560 lights used in the “Al-Faisaliah and Kingdom” towers, German artist Christopher Bauder set a record for “the largest number of lights used in a temporary light and sound show.” The celebration also set a record for “the largest number of lights used in a light show on One building.”
– The piece of art “Desert Squadron” also lets Presented by the Dutch duo “Studio Drift” From setting a record for “the largest squadron of multi-copter drones” While the party set a record for “the most drones launched in a week,” as many as 21,000 drones were used in just one week.
– The work that French artist Miguel Chevalier showed set a record for “the largest interactive display using light projection technology.” What he wrote in “The Magic Carpet and the Origin of the World” The party was remembered in the piece “Cubist Blocks” by British artist Yinka Ilori. The “largest temporary skating rink” set a record and was very popular with skiers in Riyadh. Recommend : Saudi courts received 100k labor cases in 2023
– Eng. Khalid bin Abdullah Al-Hazzani, who is the Executive Director of the Riyadh Art Project, said that the third “Noor Riyadh Celebration” It made a big difference in the Kingdom’s standing on the international art scene and changed the quality of art in Saudi Arabia by inspiring and motivating local and international artists to be more creative and innovative.
– This will improve the quality of life for people who live in and visit the capital, as shown by the fact that this year’s edition more than 3 million and 250 thousand people came to the celebration, which featured more than 120 works of art by more than 100 artists in 5 key areas of the capital: King Abdullah Financial Center, Wadi Hanifa, Wadi Namar, Salam Park, and the Jax neighborhood in Diriyah. They work with artists from 35 countries, including 35 Saudi artists.
– Engineer Al-Hazzani said that the “Noor Riyadh Celebration” would go on. That it has won international awards for three years in a row, thank God, proves that it is “the largest celebration of light arts in the world.”
– The event “Noor Riyadh Celebration 2023”, one of the “Riyadh Art” projects in the “Four Great Riyadh Projects” aims to turn Riyadh into an open art center that combines old and new, in line with the goals of the “Saudi Vision 2030” programs. In encouraging people to enjoy the arts in and around the city of Riyadh. See Also : Saudi Arabia to plant 600 million trees by 2030
– This year was the third time the event was held, and the theme was “Moon on the Desert Sands.” The exhibition was overseen by a group of local and international curators, including French President Jérôme Saints, Mexican President Pedro Alonso, Saudis Alaa Trabzoni, and Fahd bin Nayef. The British President Neville Wakefield and the curator, Saudi artist Maya Al-Athel, who has been to many of the world’s biggest art festivals, also helped.
– There is an exhibition going on at the same time as the party with the title “Creativity enlightens us, and the future brings us together.” People can visit it until March 2, 2024, and it will give them an inspiring artistic journey that shows how light is an intellectual and artistic source for the artists who are taking part and how they see human nature and cultural identity. Join Saudi Expatriates on Telegram