Saudi Arabia is famous for several things, few of them are..
Saudi Arabia is famous for its rich culture, religious sites, oil production, deserts, and modern cities such as Riyadh and Jeddah. The country is also known for its deep respect of Islamic values and traditions, as well as its commitment to the Muslim faith.
Saudi Arabia is famous for many things, including the following:
1. Makkah and Madina : The two holiest cities of Islam are located in Saudi Arabia, and millions of Muslims from around the world visit them for the Umrah and Hajj pilgrimage. Makkah is the birthplace of Prophet Muhammad (Peace Be Upon Him) and the site of the Holy Kaaba, while Madina is where the Prophet settled after migrating from Makkah Al-Mukarramah. See Also : Holy Quran printing Complex in Madina now open for Visitors
2. Oil : Saudi Arabia is one of the world’s largest oil-producing countries and has a significant impact on the global economy. According to OPEC (the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries), the country produced 12.03 million barrels per day (bpd) of oil in the year 2020, making it the world’s largest producer of crude oil and petroleum products.
3. Islamic Culture : The Kingdom has a rich Islamic culture, and it is the birthplace of Islam. All aspects of life in the Kingdom are governed by Islamic law, including dress, food regulations, public behavior and social interactions. All Muslims are expected to pray 5 times a day and observe Ramadan (the month-long fast). Non-Muslims are allowed to practice their religion in limited ways, but must do so without disturbing the religious sensibilities of Muslims. Public displays of affection between men and women are strictly prohibited and alcohol is forbidden throughout Saudi Arabia.
4. Dates : Saudi Arabia is one of the world’s largest producers of dates, and the fruit is a staple in the country’s cuisine. Dates are the most popular fruit in the Kingdom and it can be eaten fresh or dried. Most Viewed : Few unknown facts about Saudi Arabia, you must know it
5. Hospitality : The people of Saudi Arabia are known for their hospitality and generosity towards guests. Those who visits Kingdom must taste Gawa (Arabic Coffee) with dates, meals like Kabsa, Mandi and sweet desserts such as Baklava or Kunafah.
6. Sport : Saudi Arabia has been investing in sport in recent years, and the country has hosted major events like the Dakar Rally and Formula E. As it did in the past, the government is investing in infrastructure, venues and sports facilities across the Kingdom. It is also investing in sponsorship of major sporting events, like football and golf championships. It is also encouraging Saudi citizens to take up a variety of sports, including basketball, tennis, running and swimming. Additionally, Saudi Arabia recently announced its intention to bid for the Olympics 2024 Games.
7. Red Sea : The Red Sea coast of Saudi Arabia is famous for its beautiful coral reefs, beaches, and marine life, attracting visitors for diving, snorkeling, and other water sports. Saudi Arabia has been engaging in large-scale investments to develop the region into a global tourist destination. This includes projects like building world-class resorts and marinas along its coasts that will provide access to luxury amenities like spas and shopping experiences. The country also plans to expand existing ports and build new ones to accommodate growing international traffic through the Red Sea. Trending : Sheybarah Island with 70 beautiful floating villas in Red Sea
8. Architecture : The country has many impressive examples of modern and traditional Islamic architecture, including the Masmak Fortress, Al Rajhi Mosque, Ithra and the Kingdom Tower.
9. Camel Racing : Saudi Arabia is famous for its popular traditional sport camel racing As early as 14th century, camels have been used for transporting and racing in the Kingdom and the country has invested heavily in developing the sport with modern technologies. The most common type of camel used is Arabian camel, which is well adapted to desert environment with its large feet that can spread wide to help it move on sands.
10. Human Rights : In recent years, Saudi Arabia has received significant attention for its human rights record, particularly regarding women’s rights and freedom of speech. The Kingdom now allowed women to drive and travel without permission from a male guardian. Subscribe to Saudi Expatriates YouTube channel