Saudi Census 2022 : Saudi Arabia’s population crosses 32 million
The Saudi Census 2022’s preliminary results, released by the General Authority for Statistics (GASTAT), place the Kingdom’s population at 32,175,224 million.
Saudis make up 18.8 million of the overall population, or 58.4%, while non-Saudis make up 13.4 million people, or 41.6%. Recommend : What is Saudi Jawazat, How to contact it
– The Saudi Census 2022 also reveals that the population of the Kingdom is young, with an average age of 29 and 63% of all Saudis under the age of 30.
– Males made up 19.7 million of the population, or 61 percent, while females made up 12.5 million, or 39 percent, of the total. The most populous city in Saudi Arabia is Riyadh, followed by Jeddah, Makkah, Madinah, and Dammam.
– Saudi citizens are 25 years old on average. Over eight million people now live in residential spaces in the Kingdom, of which 51% are apartments.
– The Saudi Census 2022 data regarding family composition revealed that there were 4.2 million families in Saudi Arabia overall, with an average of 4.8 people in each family.
– Saudi males made up almost as many people as Saudi women, with a male ratio of 50.2 percent compared to a female percentage of 49.8 percent. Despite the fact that expatriate families on average had 2.7 members, 76 percent of all non-Saudis living in the Kingdom were male. Most Viewed : Smart cities of the World 2023
– Results from the Saudi Census 2022 gave thorough information on the population, households, and housing categories. Over the coming months, results in the areas of education, health, employment, income, migration, and diversity will be released.
– The findings of the Saudi Census 2022 will be made available by GASTAT on a special website that includes interactive dashboards, user-friendly interactive maps, reports, tables, and charts. Additionally, GASTAT will hold a live-streamed webinar regarding the census methodology and significant findings in the upcoming month.
– Faisal Al-Ibrahim, Minister of Economy and Planning and Chairman of the General Authority for Statistics Board of Directors, stated that “the Saudi census 2022 is an important national project, and its outputs will be a key pillar for planning and decision making, developing economic and social policy, creating development plans for various sectors and services, supporting the investment environment in the Kingdom, and achieving the Saudi Vision 2030 goals.”
– “We are extraordinarily proud to have delivered a thorough and accurate Saudi census, and to have established ourselves as a model of the best statistical practices in the world,” he continued. For the kind advice and unrestricted support of the census project at all its stages, I would like to thank and appreciate King Salman bin Abdulaziz, Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques, as well as Crown Prince and Prime Minister Mohammed bin Salman. Viewable Story : Most populated countries in the World 2023
– The Saudi Census 2022 will be the most thorough and accurate ever taken in the history of the Kingdom. The results, which were based on follow-up phone conversations to check data with a random sample of more than a million people, are more than 95% accurate. Numerous worldwide specialists have endorsed the process as being among the most precise in the world.
– The census of 2022 was carried out using the most up-to-date technologies, including satellites and self-enumeration technology, and in accordance with the best worldwide methodologies. Error monitoring and automatic data correction measures, including more than a million phone calls, 900,000 field visits, and the use of cutting-edge data analysis and statistical approaches, were used to ensure the accuracy of census data. Five distinct data sources were compared, and the accuracy of the data was verified by more than 200 indications.
– GASTAT has projected the population from earlier years based on the findings of the Saudi census 2022 in light of the evolution and shift in the methodology employed in the 2022 census compared to that of the 2010 census (which was primarily reliant on field and paper labor). Backcasting is used to reflect changes in census data brought on by improved methodology, and it is in accordance with worldwide best practices. In order to give interested parties the most precise information available, backcast data for prior years will be made available on the GASTAT website. Read : Permissible age to issue Saudi work visa
– The total population of Saudi Arabia has grown by 8.2 million (34.2%) since 2010, the number of Saudis has grown by 4.8 million (33.8%), and the number of non-Saudis has grown by 3.5 million (34.7%), according to a comparison of the 2022 census results with the backcast 2010 data.
– The release of such thorough and precise census data is a testament to advancements in international methodologies and data-capture technology, such as satellites and self-enumeration technology, as well as to the coordination between government agencies and our excellent digital infrastructure, according to Dr. Fahad Aldossari, president of the General Authority for Statistics. Thanks to backcasting skills, these results indicate accuracy not just for 2022 but also for the years before. Now that we have the most complete and accurate data accessible, we can make it freely available on our website.
– We are extremely proud that the international experts who were asked by the authority to review the methodologies used for the census in order to ensure its quality expressed their admiration for the level of organization and numbers, the innovations used in the Kingdom, and the skills of the hardworking census team in the nation. I want to express my sincere gratitude to everyone who helped with this.
– The fifth census in Saudi Arabia’s history, the 2022 census was carried out in May 2022. It was initially scheduled for 2020, but the COVID-19 epidemic caused a delay. In accordance with the requirements set by the National Authority for Cybersecurity, the highest levels of information and data security and integrity were observed to guarantee their confidentiality and protection. Subscribe to Saudi Expatriates channel on YouTube
– Additionally, GASTAT emphasized its dedication to the strictest standards of secrecy and privacy with regard to participant data.