Violations of ban on working under the Sun must be reported
Ban on working under the Sun in Saudi Arabia : Mohammed Al-Rouzgi, the Ministry of Human Resources and Social Development’s spokesperson, has urged everyone to report any violations of the decision of ban on working under the sun in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. Subscribe to Saudi Expatriates YouTube
According to Al-Rouzgi, anyone who finds violations of the ban decision can report them via the MHRSD application or by calling the ministry’s unified customer service line at (19911).
– It is important to acknowledge that the decision of ban on working under the sun between 12 PM and 3 PM in the afternoon, which went into effect on July 15 and will remain in effect until September 15, 2023.
– Earlier this, the Ministry said the penalty on mid day work ban for the employer for allowing his worker to work under the direct sun during the ban period is 3,000 riyals per worker. The fine will be multiplied with the number of workers involved in the violation of mid day work ban.
– The penalty also include closing down the company for a period of not more than 30 days or shutting down it permanently, or imposing both fine and closure of the company. As per the Article 6 in the table of violations, if the employer allows his worker to work under the direct sunlight or in a bad climatic conditions without taking necessary precautions, specified in the ministerial decision, the violation fine amounts to 3,000 per worker on the employer.
– The National Centre of Metrology (NCM) reports that the Ministry highlighted the need of protecting the safety and health of workers and to keep them away from anything that could put them at risk for harm. This comes from the Ministry after the continuously rise in temperatures. See Also : Mid day work ban rules in Saudi Arabia
– In the similar context, the National Centre of Metrology (NCM) predicted in its weather report that it will continue to be hot to very hot in the Kingdom’s eastern region and some of its central region.
– Although it is predicted that the maximum temperatures will stay high, there will be activity in the dust-raising winds, which will make it difficult for some people to see horizontally in the Makkah region. Parts of the Jazan and Asir heights will experience partly cloudy sky with the possibility of rainy clouds.