Procedure to obtain a SIM card in Saudi Arabia as a tourist
Are you planning for performing the Hajj or Umrah in Saudi Arabia? Or do you intend to visit the nation to take in its many historical or natural attractions? If so, you might be interested in finding out if you can purchase a local SIM card in Saudi Arabia so you can make calls and maintain an online connection. Read more : Final Exit Visa of Saudi Arabia and its 6 strict conditions
If you frequently use your phone, purchasing a local SIM card in Saudi Arabia can be more cost-effective than enabling roaming services through your current telecoms service provider.
How to get a SIM card in Saudi Arabia?
– Any telecom company that provides plans exclusively for travelers and visitors is where you can purchase a SIM card. You can do this right away at the airport or later on in your journey by going to any of the telecom company kiosks or stores. Like and Follow Saudi Expatriates on Facebook
– You will notice kiosks for mobile service providers like STC, Zain, and Mobily as soon as you reach the arrival hall at Jeddah’s King Abdulaziz International Airport, for instance, if you are travelling to Saudi Arabia for the Hajj or Umrah. As an alternative, you could discover a cell store in your neighborhood that is authorized to sell SIM cards, or you could visit a kiosk in a mall close to your hotel.
The following Saudi telecom companies provide unique SIM card bundles for tourists :
1. STC (Sawa) :
No matter if they are travelling for pleasure, business, the Hajj or Umrah, tourists can use the Sawa visitor SIM card. Visitor packages begin at 35 Saudi Riyals. Recommend : How to check STC balance on your phone
– Visit any of the STC locations, kiosks, or authorized mobile stores throughout the nation to obtain a SIM card. By clicking on this link “Sawa Ziyara“, you can also reserve a number for the visitor queue online.
– However, the STC website states that you must go to an STC sales office to present your fingerprints in order to activate your SIM card once you are in Saudi Arabia.
2. Mobily :
Tourists and pilgrims in Saudi Arabia can purchase a “Visitors’ package” from Mobily for as little as 30 Saudi Riyals. Recommend : Mobily useful service codes
– Visit any of the Mobily locations, kiosks, or authorized mobile stores throughout the nation to obtain a SIM card.
3. Zain :
Visitors can purchase packages of sim card in Saudi Arabia from Zain starting at 34.5 Saudi Riyals. See Also : How to check Zain balance
– While the above-mentioned businesses sell SIM card packages specifically for tourists, you may also want to look into other Saudi Arabian telecoms carriers like Virgin, mobily and Lebara that offers prepaid SIM card possibilities. Just have a look, if any center is near to you.
– While the initial packages offered by all the telecom providers start at somewhat more or less than 30 riyals, it is still advisable to compare the various packages that are being provided. This is because you might be able to find a plan for flexible calling minutes or an internet data bundle that is more expensive but offers you a superior deal.
Required documents in order to get a SIM card in Saudi Arabia :
1. A Passport copy.
2. Visa number or border number. Read : Procedure to check border number of a Saudi visitor
3. Fingerprint for biometric registration.
4. Payment of fee as per the selected plan.