Saudi Arabia calls for International recognition of Palestine at Security Council session
Saudi Arabia’s Foreign Minister Prince Faisal bin Farhan has said that the independent state of Palestine needs to be recognized by the rest of the world right away. He wants the Security Council to pass a measure that would allow Palestine to fully join the UN. Trending Video : Holidays and Personal Leaves in Saudi Arabia
During an emergency meeting on Wednesday, Prince Faisal spoke out about the situation in the Middle East, with a focus on the Palestinian cause.
– In a speech to the UN Security Council, Prince Faisal talked about the terrible situation in the Gaza Strip after being asked to do so by Wang Yi, China’s new foreign minister.
– He was worried about how bad the situation was getting because more than 14,000 people had died, most of them women and children. During the armed escalation, more than 500,000 people had to leave their homes because the Israeli occupation forces kept breaking international laws and agreements.
– The lack of international accountability mechanisms and the Security Council’s inability to take deterrent steps against these violations have been highlighted by Prince Faisal. Most Viewed : Neom announces “SIRANNA” – A coming together of Sea, Mountains and Wadi
– He also talked about the Joint Arab-Islamic Summit that the Kingdom held on November 11, 2023, as a response to the terrible situation. He stressed that it called for immediate action to stop the killing and give the Palestinian people unconditional aid.
– The Saudi minister delivered the summit’s main message, which was for a halt to happen right away and last for good so that a real and trustworthy peace process could begin. He asked countries that want peace and justice to speak out to protect the credibility of the international law, which has been damaged by how slowly it has responded to the humanitarian crisis.
– Prince Faisal praised the efforts of Qatar, Egypt, and the US and praised the humanitarian ceasefire in Gaza. But he made it clear that the ceasefire wasn’t enough and called for the free and long-term transfer of humanitarian aid into Gaza, stressing how important it was to follow Security Council Resolution No. 2712.
– As daily deaths affect people in Gaza, Prince Faisal criticized Israel for using false claims of self-defense to justify its actions. He told them not to let military tensions rise again right after the pause ended, stressing how embarrassing it would be for the UN and the Security Council. Read : Saudi Arabia wins the bid to host World Expo 2030 in Riyadh
– In reaction to what was said during the session, Prince Faisal said that water, food, and medicine would not be enough to solve the problem. He highlighted the crucial role of a ceasefire and Israel’s commitment to peace efforts.
– He said that Saudi Arabia has been dedicated to peace for a long time. In 1982 and 2002, they presented the Arab Peace Plan and the Arab Peace Initiative, which both backed a two-state settlement based on international agreements.
– Prince Faisal called again for an international peace meeting to be held under the auspices of the UN. The goal is to start a serious and reliable peace process that will make sure the two-state solution is put into action.
– The Saudi minister stated at a news conference held at the United Nations that the current ceasefire in the Gaza Strip is insufficient. The minister emphasized that violence is not a viable solution and highlighted the increasing international calls for a ceasefire.
– The minister reiterated “the Kingdom’s refusal to displace the Palestinians,” saying that the international community needed to put an end to the war and isolation in the Gaza Strip and give humanitarian relief. Follow Saudi Expatriates on Google News