Sleeping less than 6 hours a Day? Know its effects on us
Dr. Khaled Al-Nimr, a consultant cardiologist and catheter in Saudi Arabia, described the negative effects of sleeping less than 6 hours a day.
Dr. Khaled stated that “sleeping less than 6 hours a day results in various symptoms, including high blood pressure, an increase in fat, and the likelihood of diabetes,” in a post he published on his official Twitter account yesterday, Wednesday. Most Viewed : Saudi Arabia is famous for many things, here are 10 of them
– “Among the clinical symptoms arising from sleeping less than 6 hours a day, the increase in triglycerides, and the doubling of the incidence of heart and brain strokes,” the specialist in cardiology and arterial catheterization stated.
– It is important that in order for the body to retain its essential functions, experts advise getting between 7 and 9 hours of sleep every day.
Avoid sleep disturbances in Ramadan (Sleeping less than 6 hours a Day) :
In order to prevent sleep problems during Ramadan, Dr. Ahmed Bahmam, a sleep medicine specialist, advises that one should sleep for 4 to 6 hours at night.
– He said, most people experience a delay in their bedtimes, which is often accompanied by excessive eating that has detrimental effects on their health.
– Dr. Bahmam highlighted that there should be two big meals, the first at or immediately after breakfast and the second at Suhoor, noting that eating at night alters the body’s circadian clock. Recommend : Do not work at night, know the health issues related to it
– The expert added that, any ailments, including weight gain, liver cirrhosis, diabetes, and lipid abnormalities, are brought on by eating at the improper times.
Elderly people needs same amount of Sleep as Adults :
– The myth that some people hold that elderly people require sleeping less than 6 hours a day or lesser sleep than adults does not have any truth, according to the Gulf Health Council.
– Elderly people require 7-8 hours of sleep every day, the same amount as adults. The Health Council highlighted that insufficient sleep affects mood and attention as well as contributing to a range of ailments, including as diabetes, high blood pressure, and heart disease.
– The immune system, cardiovascular health, ability to maintain weight, and mental activity are all supported by obtaining adequate sleep. Read : 50% of the world is sacrificing their sleep due to technology
Reasons behind Sleep problems and Laziness :
According to neurosurgeon Dr. Fawzi Babtain in Saudi Arabia, some people’s frequent complaints of sleep problems and laziness are caused by their excessive thinking.
– Most people who complain of sleep disturbances, feeling tired and exhausted from even the smallest effort have mental stress related to excessive thinking to blame.
– The brain and nerve expert continued by saying that while thinking too much does not directly cause Hypertension, those who experience migraine headaches, neurological problems, or convulsions are more likely to experience mental stress. See Also : Required ideal sleeping hours for Human body of all age groups as per Health Ministry
Lack of Sleep may lead to appearance of Rumen – Study :
According to a recent medical study, not getting enough sleep each night may increase a person’s susceptibility to visceral fat and the development of the rumen.
– The study’s findings, which were reported in the journal Sleep Medicine, showed that getting one hour less sleep was linked to an overall rise in visceral fat mass of roughly 12 grams.
– The reward center, sleep, and appetite are all impacted by lack of sleep due to abnormal activity regulation in several brain regions.
– The hormone ghrelin, which tells the brain it’s time to eat, is thought to rise when people don’t get enough sleep. Follow Saudi Expatriates on Twitter